"Hrvoje Niksic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

my wget (GNU Wget 1.10) on a crux-based system simply truncates the
# and everything after [...]

The part after the "#" in HTTP URLs is what some call a "fragment
identifier".  [...]

oh dear - sorry for asking that stupid question - too much "low level" tech stuff made me missing the obvious...

in contrast to the faq (http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/faq.html):

[...]

The FAQ is very imprecise here with its use of the term "funny
characters". [...]

this faq additionally misled me - perhaps just kill the # from the "funny characters" listing? or adding a small note on how wget builds its http request from given URLs in the manpage?

sincerly,
martin koniczek