Sorry, it's the nightshift.  Info is embedded:

On Thu, 2005-15-12 at 21:19 -0600, Steven M. Schweda wrote:
>    I'm curious.  You failed to mention:
>
> 1. Wget version
        wget 1.10.2b and wget 1.9.1b

> 2. Host type and OS.
        Windows 2000 Professional

> 3. Wget command line used.
>    a) Actual URL (best).
>    b) Scheme used (FTP or HTTP or ???).
>    c) Server used.
        wget.exe -r --no-host-directories --directory-prefix=D:\WxSystem
\SatPics\ http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/goeseast/atlantic/vis/latest.tiff

> 4. "wget -d" output.
        did not output anything (or at least I couldn't find it.  I am new to
wget)

> 5. What "stops" means.  (Hangs, exits, explodes, ... ???)
        hangs

> 6. Whether you can download the same file(s) with any browser or other
>    program.
        files can be downloaded within Internet Explorer, Firefox and CuteFTP

> 7. Whether you can download the same file(s) from a different client
>    system (using any method).
        files can be downloaded with command line FTP but not with a command
line HTTPClient program.