"Taduri, Prakash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am having a problem while connecting to a FTP server using wget command.
> There is a "\" in the username i.e., xxxx\yyyyyyyy
> I had checked the documentation of wget, but could not figure out any
> option of overcoming "\" in the username. I tried putting the username in
> single and double quotes and also tried with two back slashes but could
> not get through.

Single quotes or two backslashes should work:

$ wget -d 'ftp://foo\bar:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/README'
Logging in as foo\bar ... 220 GNU FTP server ready.
--> USER foo\bar

Another way would be to URL-quote the backslash as %5C:

$ wget -d 'ftp://foo%5Cbar:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/README'
Logging in as foo\bar ... 220 GNU FTP server ready.
--> USER foo\bar

Which version of Wget are you using?
  • problem Taduri, Prakash
    • Re: problem Hrvoje Niksic