Valery Kondakoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm not a programmer, so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the
> problem lies in wrong ANSI/OEM character encoding conversion.

I've seen that mentioned before, but I don't know what it refers to.
What are the steps a Windows "console" program needs to do to perform
this conversion correctly?

> At least I see the '.' character hardcoded as the thousand separator
> in the download speed counter.

I don't understand that -- the download speed counter is printed
exactly the same way as the length parameter.  And the '.' character
is not hardcoded, ',' is (and only so for locales that don't define a
thousand separator).