Juho Vähä-Herttua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It is very much related to IDN. If wget would detect the correct
> charset of web page content it would be trivial to do the
> conversions to IDN knowing that, this is what most web browsers do.
> Wget never even detects the correct charset.

And that is why your IDN patch is incomplete.  You made it sound like
proper IDN support was as simple as an eight-line addition to url.c,
when in fact it's (unfortunately) not.

> I also asked for comments on invalid domain name resolving but I
> never got answers, I suppose you don't think that's an issue.

I don't know enough about IDN to know how this should be handled.

> But for me this conversation is already taking too much useful time
> from other projects comparing to how much interest I have on this
> issue.

I'm sorry to hear that; I was under the impression that you were
interested in making Wget support IDN, not just providing a partial,
proof-of-concept, patch.