> From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I agree. Just how often will there be problems in a single
> wget run due to
> > both some.domain.com and somedomain.com present (famous last
> > words...)
>
> Actually it would have to be some<letter-or-number>domain.com -- a "."
> will not match the null string.  My point was that people who care

yes, sorry.

> about that potential problem will carefully quote their dots, while
> the rest of us will use the more convenient notation.

I am of the same opinion, I'm just wondering how often the "correct"
notations will be neccessary, I don't think in my personal experience
something like that would ever happen, but what with the pletora if similar
domain existing (and even worse, the phishing domains...)

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]