Are you saying that by merely having wget installed (and the firewall running), you are getting these hangs?  Or is wget actually running when this happens?

Regards,
Pat Willener

From: Web Mitra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:31 PM
To: Willener, Pat
Subject: RE: how to uninstall wget

hello,
thanks for the email. i have disabled firewall and things started working. as soon as i enable firewall its again getting hangs. i have uninstalled wget and again started firewall and things are working fine. let me know if u have solution for this. i m using visnetic firewall.
regards
bhavin shah

"Willener, Pat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry, I had to leave yesterday, before I could get your response.

Question: why do you think that wget is causing these problems?
Question: does it still happen if you disable the firewall (temporarily)?
Question: did you scan your system for malware?  If you do not have antivirus/antispyware installed, use the online scan at http://www.ewido.net/

Regards,
Pat Willener