Kumar Varanasi ha scritto:
Hello there,

I am using WGET in my system to download http files. I see that there is no
option to download the file faster with multiple connections to the server.
Are you planning on a multi-threaded version of WGET to make downloads much faster?

no, there is no plan to implement parallel download at the moment.
however, please notice that it is highly unlikely that opening more than one connection with the same server will speed up the download process. parallel download makes sense only when more than one server is involved.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net