On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:36:54 -0700
"Tony Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think that's valid HTML. According to RFC 1866: An HTML user
> agent should treat end of line in any of its variations as a word
> space in all contexts except preformatted text.
>
> I don't see any provision for end of line within the HREF attribute
> of an A tag.
>
> Tony
>   _____

Hello
I tested the following command:
"wget -k -np -r -l inf -E http://dasher.wustl.edu/bio5476/";
on Fedora Core 5, using wget-1.10.2-3.2.1

I don't know if I got every file or not (since I know nothing about the
link that I downloaded) but I did get the file referred to in your
original post: lecture-01.pdf

Here is a link to the full output of wget:
http://www.afolkey2.net/wget.txt

and here is the output for the file that you mentioned as an example:
--19:32:16--  http://dasher.wustl.edu/bio5476/lectures/lecture-01.pdf
Reusing existing connection to dasher.wustl.edu:80.
Length: 1755327 (1.7M) [application/pdf]
Saving to: `dasher.wustl.edu/bio5476/lectures/lecture-01.pdf'
    1700K .......... ....                                       100%
462K=3.9s 19:32:20 (438 KB/s) -
`dasher.wustl.edu/bio5476/lectures/lecture-01.pdf' saved
[1755327/1755327]

For everyone's information, I saw that the link was split into two
lines just like the OP described.  The difference between his
experience and mine, though, was that the file with a split URL that he
used as an example was downloaded just fine when I tried it.   It
appears that every PDF that has "lecture-" at the beginning of the name
has a multi-line URL on the original index.html.  On my experiment,
wget downloaded 25 PDF files that had split (multi-line) URL's.  This
appears to be all of them that are linked to on the index.html page.

Steven P. Ulrick
--
 19:28:50 up 12 days, 23:26,  2 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.86, 0.79