Reece ha scritto:
Found a bug (sort of).

When trying to get all the images in the directory below:
http://www.netstate.com/states/maps/images/

It gives 403 Forbidden errors for most of the images even after
setting the agent string to firefox's, and setting -e robots=off

After a packet capture, it appears that the site will give the
forbidden error if the Refferer is not exaclty correct.  However,
since wget actually uses the domain www.netstate.com:80 instead of
without the port, it screws it all up.  I've been unable to find any
way to tell wget not to insert the port in the requesting url and
referrer url.

Here is the full command I was using:

wget -r -l 1 -H -U "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT
5.0)" -e robots=off -d -nh http://www.netstate.com/states/maps/images/

hi reece,

that's an interesting bug. i've just added it to my "THINGS TO FIX" list.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net