Hi there wget devs,
been using your fine tool for years and waiting for this change, but now finally I am fed up enough to write: wouldn't it be quite easy to STOP wget from causing infinite traffic by downloading zillions of files like index.php?c=2&sid=55fd19cb8611eb8e1f110f65dfe8c583 ? Those generated ids really break mirroring a lot of sites, and there is no way to skip over nasty scripts, like forums etc. My proposal would be to give wget a command line switch which downloads those scripts only once - in the mentioned case index.php and goes on with spidering. Probably an option after which parameter to assume irrelevant ids and such... like --scriptcutofflevel=number or so.. this would be probably the most needed feature since ages, at least for me... hopefully someone is listening, and - assuming there is - also receives my huge appreciation for this most basic tool.
aight, nuff said - regards :)
marcel