2: option/syntax related problems

Can you glean from the code what would cause an exit value 0?

Robert

On May 31, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Steven M. Schweda wrote:

From: Robert Denton

So, can I take this to mean that 'wget exited with value 2' always
indicates a problem with switches/options?

   No bets, but a search through the code for "exit" suggests that
that's approximately true, if you count a problem reading or
interpreting ".wgetrc" as a problem with switches/options,

Where can I get a full list of exit values and what they indicate?

   I know of none.  Skimming the "exit" search results suggests that
your choices may be limited to 0, 1, and 2.  (From which one might
deduce that the designer was not a fan of AIX or VMS, where error
messages and/or exit status values tend to be more informative.)

   Steven M. Schweda               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   382 South Warwick Street        (+1) 651-699-9818
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547