I have tried out again the current wget version from svn to see the progress on
various discussed problems.

>> Someone recently reported an inability to specify the prefix for libssl.

Hmm, yes, I reported this a year ago  ;-)

That works now again as expected. When I specify --with-libssl-prefix=/usr/local
I get the correct libs in the Makefile(s):

LIBS = -lintl -ldl -lrt  /usr/local/lib/libssl.so /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

I understand that the HEAD/GET issues are still in discussion and testing, the
current state that I see now is:

no timestamping, no local file   no HEAD
no timestamping,    local file   no HEAD
   timestamping, no local file      HEAD
   timestamping,    local file      HEAD

(and the file-transfer as such works again).

I see, however, no difference yet regarding Content-Disposition, despite the
explanations in ChangeLogs and recent mails that there is now an option for it
which is off as default.

Best Regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany