Jochen Roderburg wrote:
> Zitat von Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> The problem you pointed out that causes the failure to properly
>> timestamp when HEADs aren't issued seems, to my reading, to be simply
>> regressable for the fix. Mauro's fixes don't look as if they depend upon
>> that line being there, but I'm waiting for him to have a chance to look
>> over it before I commit to that as the fix (both he and I have been busy
>> lately).
>
> Yes, this one is still open, and the other one that wget -c "always" starts
> at 0
> again.

Do you mean the "(local 0)" thing? That should have been fixed in
674cc935f7c8 [subversion r2382]. Can you re-check?

> On the other hand, with the combination of options that I usually use in my
> daily wget practice (timestampng and content-disposition on) everything works
> fine now  ;-)
>
>> I've also got trying to deal with content-disposition issues for when
>> HEAD fails, on my todo list.
>
> I have not done real-life tests with content-disposition cases, but I have
> also
> some feeling that not all combination with other options (like timestamping
> and
> continuation) work with these yet. These may be minor issues again, as usually
> content-disposition is used when the contents are generated somehow dynmically
> and there are no static timestamps and filelengths at all.

Yes. Currently Content-Disposition is not working when the HEAD fails or
doesn't include Content-Disposition, which is problematic since this is
a very frequent case. However, I think the necessary changes would be a
bit invasive, and I'm not prepared to make them in time for the 1.11
release; so in essence, Content-Disposition, for now, will "sometimes"
work and "sometimes" not.

It'll be nice to fix this in 1.12, along with implementing changes to
reduce the number of HEADs we issue (I'd prefer to skip HEAD completely
for just content-disposition, and assume we'll accept it, and terminate
the connection if we won't; at any rate, it will need some discussion,
most of which would probably be more appropriate at the Wgiki).