Idea for future wget versions:  It would be nice if I could invoke wget
programmatically and have options like returning data in buffers versus files
(so data can be searched and/or manipulated in memory), or at least getting
notification of what files have been downloaded (progress).  Then it could be
more easily and seamlessly integrated into other software that needs this
capability.  I would especially like to be able to invoke wget from Java code.

        Unless I am missing something, wget does not currently provide such an
interface.

                                                                    Thanks, Alan