Dear wget team,

I have the feeling wget is not really able to figure out which files
to download from some web sites, when css files are used.

I was trying to download some of my pictures from a web site and I ran
in some problems. Maybe I did not give all switches, or maybe wget got
tricked.

Command line:
wget -r -np -p http://idisk-srv1.mpi-cbg.de/~constant/photos/

If you perform this (it's only about 2.5MB) and try to open locally
the web site, you'll see that the background is not properly
represented (and a few other images). You have to manually download

wget -r -np -p http://idisk-srv1.mpi-cbg.de/~constant/photos/res

Now, the funny things:
- some files were in the res directory (locally) already afer the
first command was issued. But not bg.gif and a few others. This
despite the -p flag being used.
- after issuing the second command, all files are downloaded, plus
some strange ones like [EMAIL PROTECTED];O=A . No idea where they
appeared from, never seen them before. As I don't have file-level
access to the web site, I cannot say for sure that they don't exist.
But listing the directory at
http://idisk-srv1.mpi-cbg.de/~constant/photos/res (in Opera) does not
show them.

I would appreciate if you could tell me whether I was doing something
wrong (like not giving all flags) or whether wget is not reading the
css file and does not figure out which are "all images, etc. needed to
display HTML page".

wget 1.10.2.exe under Win XP Home SP2

Karen's Hasher v2.3
http://www.karenware.com