From: Jani
To: wget@sunsite.dk
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:30 PM
Subject: -nc option in wget version 1.11

Hello,

I would have a question about -nc option in wget. This works differently in
other versions.
In version 1.8.2: It checks first if the file exists on the local drive and if
it exists, doesn't try to retrieve
In version 1.11: It checks first if the page is avaliable and if it is, it
checks if the file exists on the local drive and if it exists, doesn't try to
retrieve.
How can I set that in wget 1.11, that don't check the web page if it already
exists locally?
Can it be a future option if it is not avaliable in 1.11?
It could save a lot of time downloading bigger sites, which are already partly
retrieved.
Using previous versions is also a solution, but I would like to use new
features provided by new versions.

See the command logs below:
version 1.8.2
>wget -nc www.google.com
File `index.html' already there, will not retrieve.

version 1.11
>wget -nc www.google.com
--2008-02-12 20:21:22--  http://www.google.com/
Resolving www.google.com... 209.85.135.104, 209.85.135.103, 209.85.135.147, ...
Connecting to www.google.com|209.85.135.104|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
File `index.html' already there; not retrieving.

Thank you for your answer in advance.
Regards,
Johnson

P.S.:Could you please forward this question to the right group, if I sent it to
the wrong address?