On Feb 20, 2008 2:12 AM, Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We could have Wget treat 200 OK exactly as 416 Requested Range Not
> Satisfiable; but then it won't properly handle servers that legitimately
> do not support byte ranges for some or all files.

Yes, what I would ask is that wget compare the content length header
sent by the webserver with the size of the existing file. This is a
special case where wget assume the web server does not support
resuming, but the remaining bytes to be downloaded is zero. In this
case, surely there is no need of redownloading the file.

By the way, in my case, the web server supports resuming, only when I
tried to resume a fully downloaded file (of which I did not know if
it's really fully downloaded or not at the time), the web server
returns HTTP 200 message instead of Request Range Not Satisfied
(cmiiw) error. So I assume this is a buggy/nonstandard web server.