Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:
On 29 Mar 2005 at 11:01, James Graham wrote:
Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

My bank uses one-shot passwords for web access

How does that work? Are you issued a new password every single time you login? How on earth do you remember it if it's always changing?

Which seems to be an ideal use-case for the autocomplete attribute...

Indeed, I've recently asked one of my banks to add autocomplete=off because there is no point in having the browser asking users if it should remember a once-only password :-)

That's why user's can select "Never for this site" (or equivalent), so they're not prompted each time.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/