Jim Ley wrote:
Entities. Or is that problem going to be solved by: "use UTF-8"?
(Which would be something I wouldn't disagree with, although for
mathematical symbols it might be a pain to enter them.)

In my world that is solved by no longer claiming that HTML is an SGML application.

So please state that clearly in the specification.

Can you also explain the point of the <!DOCTYPE ... gibberish that the specs require at the top of documents? What are they doing, please remove them, they serve no purpose whatsoever. Or if they do serve a purpose, document what the purpose is.

You should know the purpose I guess. (Standards mode.) I agree that it should be documentated.

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>