Lachlan Hunt wrote:
With comments and feed, it should indicate a "resource used as a syndication format containing user contributed comments". Perhaps the sentence you cited above could be clarified to reflect this better.

Using two link values gives the link two relations, not one.

I somewhat agree with this, although it seems that it is just the definition of alternate that is poorly worded. If it were defined more like this, alternate stylesheet would be more appropriate:

  Designates substitute versions for the document in which the link
  occurs or, when used in conjuntion with another link type, an
  alternate version of the resource type indicated.

(that definition is not perfect, but I think you'll understand what its supposed to mean anyway)

I do, but I'm not sure if it would be correct.

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>