Anne van Kesteren wrote:
Quoting Dean Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
In the repetition models I've implemented in the past (always tables) I've provided a way to select a table row. This meant including either a radio button or checkbox in the first column. When checked, the entire row would be selected.

<input type="selector">
=======================

I think this name is very confusing. Personally I was thinking you were
suggesting a, when I read the subject, Selector (:last-child, etc.) control.

<input type="select-block"> ?

I suggest introducing a new input type to facilitate the selection of repetition blocks: <input type="selector">.

This would render as either a radio button or checkbox depending on an additional constraint on the repetition template.

This does not seem to be very backwards compatible.

True. :-(

Wouldn't it be better to have some kind of global "label" attribute or "for" which you could then apply on the html:tr element for example.

Actually, that's how I marked up this kind of thing in the past. I had class="selector" on the first <td> of a table row.

When the selector control is checked it results in the repetition block being selected (the CSS3 ":selected" pseudo class would apply).

repeat-selection="single|multiple"

If you just use radio and checkbox controls you would not need this.

But then you would have to script the actions of the radio/checkbox controls. I'm looking for a declarative solution. Are you suggesting using radio/checkbox controls and adding an attribute to them? Maybe that is a better solution. It would certainly degrade better than a new input type.

-dean