Anne van Kesteren wrote:
Quoting ROBO Design <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
<...>
<form action="order_place.asp">
<input type="submit" value="PLACE ORDER">
<input type="submit" value="SAVE QUOTE" action="quote_add.asp#thanks">
<input type="submit" value="RECALCULATE TOTALS" action="#here">
</form>

What's wrong with using the "form" attribute to point to multiple forms? One
submits to one place, the other submits to another place.

whoops, sent my last reply from the wrong from address, mod might ignore it but i've read the spec. if i want all the data in my basket to associate with my multiple forms i have to specify, for each and every one (unless there's some default=all forms possibility as opposed to default=none) the form thus

<input type="hidden" id="prod_00_name" value="pie" form="saveform quoteform totalform"> <input type="hidden" id="prod_00_ea" value="1.99" form="saveform quoteform totalform"> <input type="hidden" id="prod_00_qty" value="4" form="saveform quoteform totalform"> <input type="hidden" id="prod_01_name" value="beer" form="saveform quoteform totalform">

[several dozen other elements along the lines of the above]

<input type="submit" value="PLACE ORDER" form="saveform">
<input type="submit" value="SAVE QUOTE" form="quoteform">
<input type="submit" value="RECALCULATE TOTALS" form="totalform">

now obviously this is an extreme example; i could just associate all three forms with a fieldset and house my cart/basket within that. but the fieldset is a block element and it may well end up presenting a similar problem that moving the form definition to the head was meant to solve. (though in my first example i did use a block-level form).

ric hardacre
http://www.cyclomedia.co.uk/