Michel Fortin wrote:
Something about the pattern attribute in Web Forms got me thinking:

The regular expression language used for this attribute is the same as that defined in [ECMA262], except that the pattern attribute implies a ^ at the start of the pattern and a $ at the end (so the pattern must match the entire value, not just any subset).

Does that mean that a pattern attribute like "foo|bar" should translate to /^foo|bar$/ ? Wouldn't it make more sense it it was /^(foo|bar)$/ with the parentesis?

You have a point. Would implied parentheses cause any side effects? None that I can think of...

-dean