On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:49:37 +0200, James Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dean Edwards wrote:
The point is that there is room for all of these methods for
retrieving DOM nodes. As there is no useful existing standard let's
add stuff that people actually want instead of referring them to
vapour ware.

I guess the question is "why bother with getElementByClassName if a full getElementByCSSSelector-type method is available"?. Possible answers would include speed and ease of use but I'm not sure either applies here.

"adding stuff people want instead of referring them to vapourware" isn't a very clear distinction. Since both are currently vapourware, it would be helpful to ahve some rational basis for determining that one is desired and another is not. Like James, I so far don't see that in this discussion.

cheers

Chaals

[EMAIL PROTECTED]          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com