Ian Hickson wrote:

There is an underlying assumption here, namely that there would be something wrong with picking one or the other and just using that.

If you want to use XHTML, then use XHTML, send it with an XML MIME type, and be happy.

If you want to use HTML, then use HTML, send it with an HTML MIME type, and be happy.

What's wrong with option 1 is that it doesn't work in the browser with the majority of the installed base, something I used to think mattered to this group. Consequently I and many others choose option 3:

Use XHTML, send it with an HTML MIME type, and be happy.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!