Henri Sivonen wrote:
On Dec 10, 2006, at 02:09, Sam Ruby wrote:

I am asking whether there is interest in identifying ONE standard serialization that everybody who wishes to comply with could do so.

Why? For digital signatures? For comparing parse trees from different parsers?

My train of thought started with the sharing of test cases, and when coupled with the discussion on the common subset; when put together I was wondering if there would be a relation between the two.

I (obviously) hadn't considered innerHTML. *IF* there were interest in changing this (something which I presume is *NOT* the case) and *IF* a common subset between XHTML5 and HTML5 was viable (plausible but not certain) *THEN* the confusing difference in meaning between innerHTML in an XML and HTML context could be resolved.

All told, seems rather unlikely, so nevermind.

- Sam Ruby