On Dec 19, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

Aankhen wrote:

"I was gonna go to this site I found on Google, but then I saw that it
was corrupted, so I figured it musta been a security issue or
something."

The original problem I was contesting and attempting to solve was that
users would think, incorrectly, that such messages indicated a problem
with Google. You seem to think users would think, correctly, that there
is a problem with the linked page. That's what they should think,
because that's what the message means.

Alas, as amusing as this discussion is, it's not relevant to the WhatWG (and I apologize for participating). If you think search engine result pages would be better if festooned with useless warnings, lobby your favorite search engine vendor, or go start your own.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/