Klotz, Leigh wrote:

If Opera had wanted to engage, it would have done so in the many
previous years, and if Opera had concerns about the direction of XForms
(or even XHTML (or even XML)) it would have done so at the charter and
requirements document stages.  Not doing so was a business decision, and
I can't argue with that.  But please don't confuse those business
decisions with technical objections, of which there were none expressed.

Sorry, was I reading the same document as you? I saw a list of technical problems that Apple and Opera identified...