On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:52:23 +0100, Alexey Feldgendler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:40:13 +0100, David Latapie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My humble point: <table> can do everything <dl> can, whilst the reverse
is not true. He who can do more can do less.

<dl>
<dt>computer</dt>
<dd>An electronic device for information processing.</dd>
<dt>driver</dt>
<dd>A computer program taking care of direct communication with a peripherial
device.</dd>
<dd>A person who drives a vehicle.</dd>
</dl>

Note that as of HTML5 you want to use <dfn> in the <dt> when you're defining terms.

How would you represent this in a <table> without abusing the very idea of
columns?

Don't know what you mean with "abusing columns", but:

(Again use <dfn> if you're defining terms.)

--
Simon Pieters