James Graham schrieb:
I think I don't understand. The difficulty with XHTML has never been about setting the correct MIME type -- this is relatively trivial if you have access to any sort of server configuration. The issue has always been with the fact that browsers process application/xhtml+xml as XML and, sadly, the error handling requirements of XML make it unsuited for the web. Therefore it is undesirable for all but a statistically

Well, that wouldn't be a problem for content authored by oneself. For instance, I'd love to serve my documents as XHTML, but can't because of IE. That's the problem.

Best regards, Julian