On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:43:44 +0100, Elliotte Harold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alexey Feldgendler wrote:

The tutorials will just say "Use <!DOCTYPE html>".

What are those of us who wish to use XML tools on our documents supposed to use? We will need a real DTD at some point, to declare the entities if nothing else. We will not be able to use <!DOCTYPE html>.

"<!DOCTYPE html>" is for text/html, not for XML. For XML you could either drop the doctype altogether, or, if you really want to point to a DTD, you could just use the system identifier (the public identifier won't do anyone any good), or you could use the internal subset.

Why would you need to declare entities, though?

--
Simon Pieters