Rachid Finge schreef:
The term 'lede' is more commonly spelled as 'lead' by journalists throughout the world. It seems like a sensible idea, although I'm wondering why you added the P element in your example.

I'm not an expert on this, but wikipedia distinguishes them (of course wikipedia is not absolute truth):

"Lede (pronounced /lid/) is a traditional spelling, from the archaic English, used to avoid confusion with the printing press type formerly made from lead or the typographical term 'leading'." [1]

Anyway, I think this is a sensible idea indeed. I suppose the <lede> element would be used inside a <p> element, surrounding the first sentence or so, as a lead/lede is different from (or, as far as I know, a part of) the first paragraph.

Regards,

Stijn

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lede_%28news%29#Terms_and_structure