On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:34:31 +0200, timeless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/19/07, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
However, you'd probably want <audio> elements to be able to play
outside the document.

personally, as a user, I want to be able to press the <stop> button on
the audio content so that I can listen to the <video> in another
browser window. How do I do that?

For that you need something in the browser UI. There's a large, maybe infinite, number of ways to make <audio> not visible even if it's within the DOM tree. For instance:

  audio { position:absolute; left:-1000px }

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>