At 13:45  -0500 11/12/07, Fernando wrote:
Please reconsider the decision to exclude the recommendation of the
Theora/OGG Vorbis codec in HTML 5 guidelines.

This entire discussion is founded on a major misapprehension: that there has been a decision, and that decision was to exclude. This is simply not true; there is no decision either to include or exclude. There is a recognition that work is needed.

I and others have spent a great deal of time on this problem already, working with a number of people, including the W3C staff. Many of us -- maybe all of us -- agree we need to find a solution that enables broad interoperability and is in accord with w3c and web practices. We have not yet reached consensus on having found it. That's all.

--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime