At 17:11  -0800 29/01/08, Charles wrote:
Dave,

 What am I missing that you don't like?

Are Adobe/Microsoft going to be update their Flash/Silverlight browser
plug-ins in order to be first-class <video> handlers in Safari on Mac and
Windows?

Why ask me what other vendors will do with their proprietary formats (or their browser, in the case of Microsoft)?

P.P.S.  I understand that the the world can ignore <video> and continue to
embed as they currently do.

And for some solution vendors, embed/object may be a preferred direction, and for some content owners, they may prefer to continue to use systems that use embed/object and require optional downloads for their clients, with the consequent uncertainty of support. I hope that there are few in both categories, but I expect it will remain a viable option.
--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime