On May 14, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Samuel Santos wrote:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Samuel Santos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I propose is to add a new attribute to the input element like this:

           attribute DOMString       browseText;

this allows us developers to change the input file browse button text to have it in the same language as the rest of the application and not with the language selected in the browser.

This issue seems to be a very recurring and still unsolved problem when dealing with Web internationalization / multi-language Web Apps. I would like to suggest this to be reviewed with an editor comment please.

Additionally, it's important if we could decorate separately the file path text field and the browse button using CSS.

This wouldn't work well for Safari or WebKit. WebKit's <input type=file> does not have a file path text field nor does it have a button with the label "Browse" on it. The label is "Choose File" in WebKit.

    -- Darin