On Aug 28, 2008, at 12:18, Julian Reschke wrote:

Henri Sivonen wrote:
On Aug 27, 2008, at 16:33, Smylers wrote:
So that is one disadvantage of URIs: they are long. In fact they are so long that people have gone to the bother of inventing additional syntax
to avoid having to write them out.
Moreover, having to look up the URIs is a major pain when writing software that processes namespaced XML. I can remember "xhtml", "xlink" or "svg", but I can't remember the namespace URIs. What random year do they contain? Is there a slash in the end?

I always use copy & paste. So I really don't care a lot.

I always copy & paste, too. That's my point. Namespace waste my time almost every day.

I don't need to copy and paste when I write "href" or "p". Those I can memorize with confidence that I memorize them right.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]