For future compat it would be good to expose to workers information on what browser is currently being used. This can be used to work around bugs and lack of features.

In a 'normal' window context the navigator object exposes a set of properties, such as userAgent, that can be used for this purpose. I suggest we add something similar to the worker context. The HTML5 spec defines the following:

interface Navigator {
  // client identification
  readonly attribute DOMString appName;
  readonly attribute DOMString appVersion;
  readonly attribute DOMString platform;
  readonly attribute DOMString userAgent;

  // ... other things not related to identifying the UA
};

I'm not sure how stable this part of the HTML5 spec is, (I know firefox exposes a whole host of more properties), but it seems like a good set to start with. We should probably keep the two in sync if the window context Navigator object changes in the future.

Orthoginally, it seems like at least the 'onLine' boolean on the Navigator interface would be useful too, and could be exposed at the same place.

Let me know what you think.

/ Jonas