20.03.2009, в 1:43, Anne van Kesteren написал(а):

Can we get away with not following Content-Type at all? As we do for text/event-stream and text/cache-manifest. Both which simply require UTF-8.

Good point - but to the contrary, I think that charset from Content- Type should be always honored, adding special cases is an unnecessary complication.

Formally, a proxy can re-encode any text/* resource and expect the client to honor Content-Type charset over <meta> and built-in preconceptions, although I think that such proxies are extremely rare in this millennium.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov