On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 05:53:09 +0200, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Manu Sporny wrote:

I've looked over the list a couple of times and it's a good introduction
to the problem space.

It's not really intended to be an introduction, so much as a complete list of use cases that people want the spec to cover.

Oh. Then I think it is probably doomed to be incomplete - users not only do concrete things, but they do lots of different concrete things. This is possibly (probably?) a large enough set from which to derive general principles and clear goals.

From the point of view of the HTML5 effort, what is needed is use cases,
scenarios, and requirements, that don't in any way imply a particular
solution, as in the list I posted, so that solutions can be evaluated.

So how do the solutions get proposed, or do you already have a candidate list you have selected? What's the process here?

cheers

chaals