On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM, <jjcogliati-wha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I read section 4.8.7 The video element and I have some questions:
> 1.  What happens if the user agent supports the video tag but does not
> support the particular video codec that the video file has?  Should it
> display the fallback content in that case, and if so, can a video tag be put
> inside another video tag?

If the particular codec is not supported, it displays the fallback
content instead.  If you want to offer multiple formats to cater to
disparate UAs, give <video> some <source> children rather than @src.
It will try each <source> in turn until it finds one it can play.

(That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with nesting
<video>s, it's just unnecessary.)

~TJ