Michael Nordman wrote:

I understand the desire for early warning that a page *may* want to utilized
a GlobalScript. A 'hint' could be useful to a multi-process UA. It's not
clear to me that this is what Patrick was referring to... Patrick?

I wasn't thinking as a hint for the browser, but that's of course a good idea. I was thinking security. Are there cases where I specifically would NOT want to share? If so, the only alternative is to guarantee that no code you ever load will ever try. It would be safer to allow an author to indicate "this page must not be shared". Guess that's more of an opt-out. And I don't have a use case for "I don't want to share", nor could I claim that even if they didn't want to, it would be unsafe if they did anyway (ie, it might be safe even if they didn't want to share). Just thinking aloud.

--
Patrick Mueller - http://muellerware.org