Victor Vasiliev wrote:
I suggest to add a boolean attribute "alpha" to <input type=color>
(disabled by default). If this attribute is present, the color well
allows to set opacity value, and instead of sRGB, sends RGBA.

Another question is which format should be used to submit RGBA color. We
have rgba(number, number, number, float) used in canvas, but I feel like
it's not the best format to be used in submited data. Maybe #rrggbbaa or
#aarrggbb?

input type=color is specified to define a simple color:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#simple-color

While alpha information is useful, it's not really a color attribute is it? Using type=color paired with type=range for alpha would serve fairly well in most cases, I believe.

How do the people more into design feel about this? I'm mainly a coder myself.

.max

--
       Max Romantschuk
       m...@romantschuk.fi