On Aug 26, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

To repeat what I said up above: Maybe the local storage API needs a way to distinguish between cached data that can be silently thrown away, and important data that can't.

That makes sense to me. There might even be more than two categories:

- Cached for convenience - discarding this will affect performance but not functionality. - Useful for offline use - discarding this will prevent some data from being accessed when offline. - Critical for offline use - discarding this will prevent the app storing this data from working offline at all. - Critical user data - discarding this will lead to permanent user data loss.

Regards,
Maciej