Re: [whatwg] behavior

Mon, 31 Aug 2009 03:18:57 -0700

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:08:16 +0200, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

Boris Zbarsky wrote (near the top of this thread):
> If the type attribute was set to something that parsed as a MIME
> type, and if that type would be handled by a plug-in (that is, we
> have a plug-in to handle it, and have no other method for handling
> it), then use the type attribute's type instead of the header type.

So if we had a type attribute of application/x-shockwave-flash, and a
Content-Type header of image/png we would use the flash plugin.
Following the HTML5 spec we would use the image renderer.

Ah, yes, that's intentional (doing otherwise violates HTTP1.1). Is this
something you're forced into for compatibility?

Opera prefers HTTP Content-Type over object type and we see some compatibility issues due to this.

Examples that fail in Opera:

http://www.antena3videos.com/
http://gamepod.hu/hir/ilyen_lett_a_terminator_salvation_es_a_bionic_comm.html

--
Ola P. Kleiven, Core Compatibility, Opera Software