On 10/11/09 11:06 AM, Mark Kaplun wrote:
Boris, I have agreed with your first response that I don't know enough
about all the crazy things that people might be doing, to make this
attribute to disappear. However I don't see how changing the default
mime type will have any affect on the existing web pages

It'll change how existing web pages with file controls (whether visible or not) and no enctype set are submitted, right?

IMHO this attribute is a bug in the specification which is causing
annoyance to any web developer which do not use IDE's to create forms.
Changing the default the way I described might create a different
annoyance, but in my opinion it will be a much lesser one.

My point is that changing the default might not be possible in UAs without causing compat issues with existing pages. It might work, it might not. It'd be a big risk for whichever UA tries it first.

-Boris