2009-10-17 12:04, Ian Hickson skrev:

A rider suggestion: expose<legend>  in the page outline as the heading
for the<fieldset>.

I considered this, but I don't really want to make the algorithm any more
complicated, and I'm not really sure we'd want that exposed, any more than
you want the headings for individual inputs exposed, in the page outline.

And such a move might also have unintended consequences for accessibility. AT do give legend in fieldsets a special treatment that headings do not get. Without careful dialogue and user testing, we should *not* change the meaning of legend.

However, does not this open up the possibility of getting rid of dt/dd in details and use an hx element, which is a much better solution from a semantic POV?

--
Keryx Web (Lars Gunther)
http://keryx.se/