On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:06:41 +0100, Honza Bambas <hon...@allpeers.com> wrote:
Maybe I read something wrong, but as a sessionStorage object is always
unique to its document (it is cloned when a new document with the same
origin is created and then independent from the original document's
object) it, in my opinion, doesn't make sense to send the event to any
other document then the one its storage has been changed. On the other
hand, it makes sense to me to not fire the event in the same document
where the storage has been changed (as for localStorage), then, I'd say
there should be no event for sessionStorage at all. I simply don't a
case when two or more documents would share a single sessionStorage object.

sessionStorage is shared with e.g. same-origin child browsing contexts so it is not limited to a single Document.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/