On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:04:49 +0100, Gregg Tavares <g...@google.com> wrote:
Is disallowing other contexts when certain contexts, eg "webgl", okay or is that really an incompatible extension of the canvas tag?

I don't think we've really established that one way or another. I filed a bug on this some time ago in the W3C bug tracker indicating we should clarify the policy.

I would personally prefer if it it always worked, but it would be tricky as I understand it.

Can portable code be written if some browsers let me get both a "2d" context and a "3d" context and others don't?

That's rhetorical, right? :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/